The runway shows feature established and emerging sustainable designers. Think ‘no-waste’ collections, ‘food dyed’ garments, natural fibres, ethically sourced and unique pieces made from ‘off cuts’. Vintage items from the local area also make their way into the show.
Their aim is to motivate Brisbane fashion consumers to change the way they shop. One billion items of clothing are imported into Australia every year (from China alone). There are only 22 million of us. Where does the excess go? For every person in Australia, 32kg of clothing ends up in landfill.
- The biggest sustainable fashion runway in Australia
- Three runway shows: swimwear & lingerie, day-wear, evening-wear & accessories
- Sustainable design exhibitions. Organic cocktails. Live music.
- All housed in a unique setting that will take you away from a Valley car-park and into an avant-garde, underground fashion scene.
- This is an 18+ event.
- Drink responsibly, dress sustainably.
- After-party at Oh Hello from 10 PM.
They will also be hosting a pop-up shop after the event were you can buy sustainable fashion from the night, visit their facebook page for details.
EKOLUV is delighted to collaborate with Undress Brisbane and will be reporting on these upcoming events, stay tuned for another post about the night and pop up shop.
For more information and to book tickets to the event please visit the link below: